Position Title:Consultancy for conducting Disaster Risk Reduction(DRR) Training
- Design awareness sessions and training materials based on the current knowledge, attitude and practices of the targeted communities for use during regular sensitization activities.
- Provide training on DRR concepts and sensitization methods to community trainers and project staff.
- Develop a community sensitization strategy and work plan for regular sensitization activities.
- Develop a result based monitoring tool, analysis and reporting procedures to evaluate targeted communities’ knowledge, attitude and practices during and after sensitization activities.
- To improve access to food through provision of agricultural inputs and extension services.
- To support households access to essential food and non-food items through cash transfers and protects livelihood assets through cash for work.
- To increase communities’ access to safe drinking water and sanitation services.
- To build capacities on DRR strategies to enable communities to prevent and/or reduce risks.
- Strategy Overview
- Sensitization Approaches
- Types of messages for different audience during sensitization activities
- Detailed work plan of sensitization activities at the field level
- Data collection tool (s) to be used before and after DRR sensitization activities
- Description of the procedures/processes for data analysis
- Data template and reporting format for the analysis and reporting
Work Plan for Conducting the Capacity Assessment Analysis
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Behavioural sciences, Environmental Science (Natural Resources Management, Agronomy or in related field)
- A minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience in natural resources management or in related field at the international level, in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of Somali language is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge and experience with international development concepts in DRR
- Understanding of participatory approaches
- Experience in the design and management of evaluation processes, including with multiple stakeholders
- Project/program/policy planning, monitoring and management experience
- Understanding of gender considerations
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- An application letter addressing the selection criteria including how the candidate’s previous experience matches the consultancy objectives as well as their interest for the position. It should also indicate the candidate’s availability and consultancy rates. The application letter should be no longer than two pages;
- An updated CV including relevant work experience and qualifications;
- A sample of recently written document for a similar assignment;
- Contact details of 3 references.