- To identify challenges hindering effective management of community water resources within the project target areas;
- To identify existing knowledge gaps with regard to appropriate hygiene practices within the project target areas;
- To identify the socio-cultural practices that undermine WASH interventions within the project target areas;
- To establish benchmark values of indicators against which strategic objectives will be measured.
The WASH survey design process will follow a participatory approach where the main project stakeholders will be involved to give their input and views in the initial process.
- Masters degree in development studies, social studies or related fields, preferably including Environmental health, with demonstrated professional practice in capacity assessment analysis during the last three years;
- A minimum of seven (3) years relevant experience in social surveys, providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- Must have profound knowledge in capacity assessment analysis of development projects;
- Must be experienced in developing and implementing Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP)evaluation methodologies;
- Good knowledge and experience in survey design and implementation, as well as statistical data analysis is required;
- Experience in the use of participatory appraisal techniques in data collection;
- Previous work experience in Somalia is essential;
- Excellent analytical, research, writing and communication skills
- Experience working with Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP)in programming;
- Fluency in English is essential, knowledge of Somali language is an advantage;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with diverse people.
- An application letter addressing the selection criteria including how the candidate’s previous experience matches the consultancy objectives as well as their interest for the position. It should also indicate the candidate’s availability and consultancy rates. The application letter should be no longer than two pages;
- An updated CV including relevant work experience and qualifications;
- A sample of recently written document for a similar assignment;
- Contact details of 3 references.