- Installing, licensing, testing and upgrading new software from time to time;
- Ensuring the anti-virus software is installed, properly configured, regularly updated and working properly on all PC and server stations;
- Maintaining server and network hardware infrastructure;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications and Setting up hardware;
- Checking new computer equipment and installing as per requirements;
- Maintaining computer peripheral equipment e.g. printers, scanners and projectors;
- Maintaining wireless networks, desktop and server computers;
- Providing technical support for hardware and software issues in the office;
- Setting up and maintaining backup system for file servers and in-office desktop computers;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer/IT equipment;
- Testing and evaluating new technology;
- Installing and configuring computer systems as well as server configuration.
- Knowledgeable in use of computers and accessing internet resources;
- Knowledge in vehicle tracking using GPS and Google maps;
- Have excellent interpersonal; communication, strong results orientation, organizational, creative, multitasking and analytical skills;
- Ability to facilitate staff trainings will be a desired advantage.
- A minimum of a Diploma IT, Computer Science and demonstrable experience in IT support and Server configuration.
- Experience in Database use (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgre SQL) and Data management;
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills especially statistical analysis using SPSS, Ms Access, Excel, Epi Info, among others;
- Excellent Communication and analytical skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and within strict timelines.
P.O. Box 9249-00200,