Location: Mombasa, Kenya
- Operating in a multi-currency environment with Exposure to Forex Transactions and Accounting of transactions to arrive at a Realized and Unrealized Gain/ Losses arising from the Forex transactions.
- Identify, Analyze and measure foreign currency exposures and recommend mitigation procedures/actions to management Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Application of Receipts to Debtors and Payments to Creditors, and maintain up-to date Bank Recons and Interest Calculations.
- Operating in a Manufacturing Environment with exposure to Production accounting in a ERP environment, arriving Job wise Costing, Tracking the Cost of each product line with respect to Inventory and conversion costs.
- Managing the Cycle counts, Stock Takes, Analyzing various Process controls and establishing process control measures in Inventory, Should able to close the Inventory Periods by 1st of every month.
- Proper accounting of payables by 3-way matching, Publish the Supplier Aging Report with reasons, Analyzing the Expenses accounting, Proposing the Payments to Suppliers, Processing of payments in time along with monthly recons with suppliers in an ERP environment.
- Should able to close the Inventory Periods by1st of every month. Proper accounting of Receivables, Analyzing the sale trends, Verifying the Credit Notes and Debit Notes, Analyzing the Debtors Position and mapping the Risk factors from Credit management. Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Follow-up on the Period Closing in ERP for all Modules and checking and analyzing the each module, interpreting the numbers with respect to Financial Reporting, Checking the Inventory Transactions and Costing Trends and Production Variable Costs, interpreting the numbers in Reporting etc. Analyzing the Expenses, Verifying the Journals and proposing the Accrual Journals for Monthly closing to reflect the proper Expenses and Cost Center wise Expenses.
- Checking the Volumes and Value of Revues and correlate with the Cost of Sale, Analyzing the Cost and Value Addition trends for the Month, Preparing the Financial Reports and trends on Weekly/ Monthly Basis, Analysis on the Pricing trends, active participation on Pricing Decisions, Cost Benefit Analysis on the Company Activities etc.
- Ensure to follow 100% compliance on compliance with Returns Filing on time, ensuring proper documentation back-up for Compliance Audits and preparing the yearend schedules and Closing the Financials for Audit purposes at the yearend Coordinating both interim and annual audits with Company auditors
- A degree in Business related studies
- Fully qualified accountant –CPA(K)/ACCA
- Experience in an ERP especially Oracle/SAP
- Exceptional MS-Office Skills( Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Sound hands on experience in a manufacturing concern
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation with at least three (3)years in managerial role covering the key accountabilities as above.
- Experience in Oracle operating environment will be a major Added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management.
- Highly energetic, eager to learn and with special attention to detail
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals.
Email cv to email@example.com on or before 1st July 2016, indicate current salary and expected salary.
Email subject should be Finance manager Mombasa.