Job Title: HR & Administration Officer
Salary: 50K - 60K
Our Client is a provider of business management solutions in Accounting, HR, and Security among others.
They seek to hire a HR and Admin Officer to lead the administrative and human resource support activities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, short listing, interviewing and selecting candidates
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers
- Planning, and sometimes delivering, training – including inductions for new staff
- Drawing up plans for future personnel needs
- Counseling staff about any problems they may have, either at work or personally
- Maintaining the personal records of employees on matters such as wages, superannuation, leave and training, and prepare associated management reports
- Provide advice and information to management and employees on human resource policies and procedures, including equal opportunity, anti-discrimination and occupational health and safety programmes
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Professional qualification of a post graduate diploma/degree in HR Management
- At least 3 yrs experience in a HR & Admin role, with at least 1 year at a supervisory level
- Business awareness and management skills
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- Influencing and negotiating skills to implement personnel policies; potential to handle a leadership role
- Integrity and approachability
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (HR & Administration Officer) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 8th July 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.