ShopIT (www.shopit.co.ke) is an E-Commerce company headquartered in Nairobi.
We are looking to bring on board an ambitious purchasing associate to help us take our offering to the next level.
The candidate shall:
- Work closely with the category manager, marketing and customer service to formulate and execute strategies for the business unit across all marketing channels
- Be responsible for maximizing revenue, ensuring that business lines are merchandised optimally.
- Identify product vendors, negotiate for best prices and ensure to ensure purchases are executed effectively.
- Have good judgment and wisdom in negotiations, projections, and communication.
- Recommend new products and product lines.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Be able to multi-task and be an effective problem solver.
- Carry out regular price reviews.
- Deal with warranty-related issues.
- Carry out all other assigned tasks by the unit manager.
Essential Training, Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate should:
- Have at least a diploma in business, purchasing or a related field.
- Background in accounts will be an added advantage.
- Have demonstrable entrepreneurial, negotiating and financial skills.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have excellent business / commercial and analytical skills.
- Be an advanced computer and internet user.
- Have confidence in their own judgment & decision making when faced with ambiguity.
- Have exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Have good people skills and be able to easily establish a rapport with a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Be prepared to work irregular and long hours.
- Be hard-working and dedicated to the role and have ability to work well under pressure.
NB: Past experience in retail or purchasing will be an added advantage.
Your applications profile (upload) must include the following:
1. Telephone contacts for at least 3 referees.
2. Include your expected remuneration.
3. MBTI Personality ( Visit | http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp | answer the 72 Questions and click on ‘Score it’ to get your four letter MBTI Personality). Only the four letters are required.